Crossing the Line by Lisa Kamps (My Review)

I’m back for review after reading another Lisa Kamps goodie!


via GIPHY

via GIPHY



This one is the first in the Baltimore Banners series!



Entitled Crossing the Line, Kamps tells the story of two people: Amber Johnson, a current freelance writer who is dead set on being a sportswriter with her paper and, the object standing in her way, Alec Kolchak, the hockey team’s goalie. She has to get an interview with him in order to prove herself and essentially be taken seriously as a sportswriter. However, Mr. Kolchak does not do and will not do interviews.

Will Amber let that stop her? Absolutely not. She makes a bet with him: during practice, if she scores a goal, she gains access to him for a month and the interview she wants.
Both admiring her and frustrated by her determination, he accepts the bet.

I don’t want to give away the ending, but I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

Moreover, I enjoyed seeing the development of these characters; Amber’s determination and secret vulnerability and Alec’s caring nature that shows itself at different moments such as with Amber’s headaches.


Kamps created very likeable characters that you’ll want to travel along on a journey with. Pick this one up. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Comments